OFFICERS OF KKB
AGM March 2018 elected the following officers for 2018.
- Chairman Peter Bluett
- Hon Secretary Margaret Walsh
- Hon Treasurer Stuart Day
- PRO Regina Byrne
The Keep Kilkenny Beautiful Committee (KKB) founded in 1980, is part of a vibrant City community. The Committee works in partnership with the City’s citizens, City Authorities and County manager, Businesses and Voluntary bodies, enhancing our City and creating a wonderful place to live.
Kilkenny has been overall National Tidy Towns winner twice in 1985 and again in 2014.
Kilkenny City is winner of many National and Regional awards including, Large town and Large Urban Centre category and also Gold medal status in the National Tidy Towns competition for many years.
Since 2010 our Major Awards have included;
– Overall winner: National tidy towns awards 1985 & 2014
– Overall winner: National overall Irish Business Against Litter (Ibal) award 2012 2013, 2014 . (three in a row).
– National Tidy towns Gold Medal winners 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016 and 2017
– Overall winner : National Tidy Towns winner south east region award in 2013 and 2014.
– Overall winner : National Tidy Towns award of “Large Urban Centre” in 2010, 2011 and 2014.
– Tourism towns overall national winner 2013 and short list award winner in 2012, 2014 and 2015
– National representative in the Communities in Bloom International Challenge competition 2015, Kamloops, Canada. Recipient of 5 Blooms Bronze.
Other important awards received include:
– The Academy of Urbanism’s European great Town award for Kilkenny in 2008.
– The Best Urban Park award for our river Nore Linear Park 2008.
– National Tidy Towns Landscaping award for Rothe House garden in 2008.
– Newpark Marsh was awarded the top award in the ESB/CVI Community Environmental awards 2001 and the Marsh was also a national winner for Wildlife in the Tidy Towns Competition 2002.
Picture under: City Hall on High street. Copyright: Keep Kilkenny Beautiful
The KKB develops an annual programme, marrying the historic with the modern, reinforcing the city spirit. New members are always welcome! Come and have the time of your life!
Pictures under: under: St Mary’s Cathedral: and: Castle Park. Copyright: Keep Kilkenny Beautiful
If you would like to use one of our pictures, please contact email@example.com